The staff of professionals at Marketing Communications provides creative solutions for print and electronic publications. We can help you achieve the results you want, whether you are putting together a single flier, a poster, a website, or an entire series of publications.
Design: Our staff of talented designers create beautiful art that delivers your message with clarity and style. But they also take care of the many details that are required of University of Oregon publications. We communicate with you every step of the way.
- Visual standards: Without sacrificing its appeal or originality, we will design your publication to reflect university guidelines, making it instantly recognizable. By its look and feel, your document will carry university authority. In addition, we will collaborate with you to ensure that copy, photographs, and other elements of your publication reflect the diversity of people, programs, and experiences the university offers.
- Economy: After considering the most effective way to deliver your message, we will construct your publication to print in the most economical way possible. We work directly with Printing and Mailing Services to help select the best paper, layout, and press for your project. We manage the submission of your job to the printer and will conduct press checks if necessary.
- Mailing standards: Your publication will be designed to mail as economically as possible, and delivered to mailing services as part of our workflow.
- Web standards: If web design is part of your project, we will work with our colleagues in Digital and Social Medai Communications to assure that websites meet UO design and accessibility requirements.
- Policy considerations: We will make sure your publications are accessible to all, follow the UO trademark licensing and recycled paper policies, and carry the university’s Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action statement.
Editing: All publications that go through MarCom are fact-checked and edited for grammar, accuracy, and university style. Our editors will communicate with you throughout the process. In addition, editing services can be contracted for separately if MarCom is not designing or producing the piece.
Photography: The MarCom photo library (18,000 images and growing) contains photos of students, faculty members, UO events, athletics, and every corner of campus. We also have subscriptions to stock and news photo agencies and can find nearly any image necessary for your project. If a custom art is needed, we have relationships with various professional photographers and illustrators, and can help match you with the best talent for your project.
Review: If your piece is being designed by someone in your office or someone you hire, we will review it at no charge to check for adherence to university communication standards.
Fees: For most editing and design projects, we charge a flat fee of $200. Some simple jobs may cost $75, while complex or large jobs may cost more, but never more than $1,000. Talk to us about your project and we'll discuss costs. Photos from our library are free. Consultation, design review, university visual and grammar style interpretation are free.